Sentinel Car Park - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED
- Bookings on the Company’s website are made when validated on the website.
- Bookings by telephone are made when confirmed by the telesales operator.
- Bookings by post are made when written confirmation is sent by the Company.
- You may cancel your reservation for any reason, at any time up to the start of the reservation period without charge.
- A Customer to who cancels a booking later than 1 hr prior to their expected arrival time or who does not turn up shall be liable to pay the full parking fee for the whole Parking Period.
- Cancellations can be made online using your login details or over the phone by calling 0113 2391555.
- FAILURE OF THE CUSTOMER TO COMPLY WITH CLAUSE 18.104.22.168 SHALL ENTITLE THE COMPANY TO CANCEL THE BOOKING AND REFUSE TO PARK THE VEHICLE WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY TO THE CUSTOMER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR INCONVENIENCE. IN THE EVENT OF SUCH CANCELLATION THE CUSTOMER WILL RECEIVE A FULL REFUND.
- Prices in the Company’s literature, on its website and Tariff Board at the Car Park are in pounds Sterling including VAT
- Prices are per 24hr period, eg. Saturday to Saturday is 8 days.
- The Company may alter prices and promotional offers without prior notice.
- The price applicable for the Parking Period is that confirmed at time of Booking regardless of prices quoted by the Company elsewhere or any promotional offer.
- Payment for telephone or website bookings can only be made using MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Diners Club or Switch.
- If payment by card is declined or if a cheque is dishonoured the Company has the right not to fulfil your booking.
- When payment is by overseas credit card the card issuer will debit your account in your local currency at the exchange rate applicable on the date of processing. A conversion charge may be applicable.
- Payment by cheque should be sent to the Administration Address.
- Payment by cheque at the time of collecting the Vehicle must be supported by a cheque guarantee card.
THE COMPANIES LIABILITIES
- The Company will accept liability for damage to the paintwork or bodywork of the Vehicle if proved to be caused by the Company.
EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION OF THE COMPANY’S LIABILITIES
- THE COMPANY WILL NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR:
- PERSONAL PROPERTY LEFT IN THE VEHICLE OR COACH OR LEFT UNATTENDED AT ANY TIME
- DAMAGE TO THE WINDSCREEN OR ANY OTHER GLASS IN THE VEHICLE
- TRANSPORT DELAYS BETWEEN THE CAR PARK AND THE AIRPORT CAUSED BY TRAFFIC CONGESTION, VEHICLE BREAKDOWN OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE COMPANY’S CONTROL
- LOSS ARISING FROM A STOLEN OR MISLAID RECEIPT OR TICKET FOR THE VEHICLE
- DELAY IN MAKING THE VEHICLE AVAILABLE FOR COLLECTION PRIOR TO EXPIRY OF THE PARKING PERIOD
- LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE ARISING FROM MATTERS OUTSIDE ITS CONTROL (INCLUDING MECHANICAL FAILURE, SELF-LOCKING, ATMOSPHERIC POLLUTION, TERRORISM, NATURAL DISASTER, DAMAGE BY THIRD PARTIES OR WHERE FORCIBLE OR FRAUDULENT MEANS OF ENTRANCE AND OR EXIT ARE USED).
- You shall ensure that the Vehicle is:
- at the commencement of the Parking Period in a roadworthy condition, has a current MOT certificate (if required by law) for the whole of the Parking Period and that no dangerous toxic or illegal substances are left within the Vehicle;
- in a proper roadworthy condition prior to leaving the Car Park and entering onto the public highway.
- If at the end of the Parking Period the Vehicle will not start the Vehicle will be pushed into a return bay and a Company employee will try to jump-start the Vehicle on your return. Any assistance other than a jump-start will require break down assistance at your expense.
- No Vehicle shall be towed into the Car Park and no work on or cleaning of Vehicles shall be done in the Car Park.
- The Customer shall inform the Company of any modification (including any for disabled use) to the Vehicle that might affect normal handling or operation.
- You shall ensure that the Vehicle is:
Vehicle Excise Duty (VED)You shall ensure that prior to commencement of the Parking Period VED is paid for the Vehicle for the whole of the Parking Period (if required by law).
- You are required to leave your car keys at the Car Park. If you fail to leave the keys the Company may move the Vehicle by such means as it shall determine and the Company shall have no liability for any damage caused.
- Unless requested by a Company employee, leave your Vehicle locked with all the windows closed.
Safety in the Car Park
- Drive carefully in the Car Park and obey the directional signs.
- Car Parks can be dangerous. After parking, proceed to the reception or nearest exit, which are signposted. Do not wander about the Car Park. Keep a careful eye on your children and do not permit them to play in the Car Park.
Check In TimeTransport between the Car Park and the airport leaves at regular intervals. It is the Customer’s responsibility to arrive at the Car Park in good time (a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the airlines recommended check-in time is suggested) to enable you to arrive at the airport by the airline’s recommended check-in time.
MOVING VEHICLESThe Company shall keep the Vehicle on site at the location where you drop the vehicle off. If the booking is for meet and greet, the Customer authorises the Company to drive the Vehicle within and (including by driving on the public highway) between the airport and the car park and back again.
RECLAIMING THE VEHICLE
- A Customer must produce the receipt or ticket provided by the Company when reclaiming the Vehicle. If the receipt or ticket is lost the Company shall require proof of the Customer’s identity and may make other enquiries as it considers reasonable. Failure to produce the receipt or ticket will delay your departure.
- Should you discover the receipt or ticket has been lost or stolen, the Company should be informed at once and a fax or e-mail sent stating your name and address and instructing us not to release the Vehicle until your return.
- The Company shall not be obliged to release the Vehicle to a third party without the written authority of the Customer.
- Any Customer reclaiming his Vehicle prior to expiry of the Parking Period may request a refund of the unused parking days and this can be made less any transactional charges.
- The Company requires not less than 2 hours notice to make the Vehicle available for collection prior to the day of expiry of the Parking Period.
- If you return on a later flight the than flight originally booked resulting in your vehicle remaining parked on days outside your reservation period, you will be automatically charged for those days at the prevailing rates. If your late return is due to a diverted or cancelled flight, there will be no extra charge.
TRANSPORT TO AND FROM AIRPORT
- Customers should not board a Coach if unable to find a seat or if the maximum number of standing passengers (as displayed in the Coach) have boarded.
- Children under the age of 8 must be seated and accompanied by an adult.
- No animal may travel without the agreement of the Company. No lions or tigers are permitted under any circumstances.
- Luggage must not be placed in the aisles or standing areas.
- The driver is responsible for safety of the Coach. Any passenger who, in the opinion of the driver, is a danger or potential danger to the Coach or its passengers may be removed from the Coach or prevented from boarding on the driver’s authority.
LIENAll parking fees must be paid before the Vehicle or any personal items left therein can be removed. When in the Car Park the Vehicle is subject to a lien for all charges due or accruing due from the Customer to the Company. If the lien is not satisfied by payment within 28 days of notice given by the Company of its intention to sell the Vehicle in default of payment, the Company may sell the Vehicle by auction or otherwise, and the proceeds of the sale may be applied in and towards satisfaction of all sums owing to the Company by the Customer together with the expenses of the sale, and in connection with such sale the Company shall be entitled to charge reasonable garage charges in respect of the period during which the Vehicle is in the possession of the Company.
- The Customer shall indemnify the Company and its staff for any loss, damage, actions and claims arising from breach of the Customer’s Obligations contained in clause 7.
The Customer acknowledges that:
- he will be guilty of offences under Road Traffic and Vehicle Licensing Legislation if he permits the Company’s staff to drive the Vehicle on a road when the Vehicle is not in a roadworthy condition, does not have a current MOT certificate (if required by law), or at a time for which VED has not been paid (if required by law).
- permitting the Vehicle to be driven on a highway in the circumstances referred to above may invalidate the Customer’s and the Company’s insurance policies and constitute an offence under Road Traffic Legislation.
- Nothing in this procedure restricts the Customer’s right to pursue remedies through the Court.
- Should your Vehicle suffer damage whilst in the Car Park or should you lose the Vehicle or any of your possessions from the Vehicle you should:-
- immediately inform a member of staff
- in the case of theft, report to the Police
- notify your insurers.
- The Company will acknowledge a written complaint in writing within 5 working days.
- A complaint will initially be dealt with by the Company’s General Manager (“GM”)
- Subject to the Customer promptly supplying any additional information required, and (if required) making the Vehicle available for inspection, the GM will endeavour to give a written decision within 30 days.
- If a complaint relates to Vehicle damage the Customer will make the Vehicle available for inspection prior to repairs being commenced.
- Communication relating to the complaint can be by e-mail with the GM at email@example.com or by using the Customer Service Number 0113 2391555 or in writing addressed to the GM at the Administration Address.
- All telephone calls to the Company are charged at the rate agreed with your telephone service provider. Calls may be monitored.
ALTERATION OF CONDITIONSNo person has authority to alter these Conditions unless in writing with the express permission of the Company
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- Paragraph headings shall not be taken into account in the construction or interpretation of these Conditions.
- “Car Park” means any car park owned, operated or managed by the Company.
- “the Administration Address” means Sentinel Car Park Warren House Lane Yeadon LS19 7FT